Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Importance of Being A Teacher In Life

English: teacher and its importanceImage via WikipediaBy Nadine Lajoie

When we hear someone say the word teacher, the image that comes to mind is that of a person standing in front of the class who is speaking and no one cares about what he or she is saying.

Unfortunately, nowadays this is the reality of our society. We do not have much respect for our teachers, rather viewing them as professionals who work for a salary, and whose primary role is to grade our exams.

However, being a teacher is much more than just standing in front of a podium, giving lectures and, once the bell rings, the teacher and the student both go their separate ways.

Rather, a student-teacher relationship is one of the most traditional relationships of mankind. If there is any relationship that is more sacred than the bond of blood, it is the relationship between a teacher and a student.

Our parents provide food, take good care of us, protect us from any harm, and equip us with everything possible to survive in life. Whereas it is our teacher who takes care of our soul, nourishes our mind, purifies our heart, and helps develop the mental aptitude that we need to understand the complexities and offerings of life.

I am sure that in your life you must also have had some teachers with whom you had a special relationship and who made you feel comfortable around them. I also had one such teacher, who taught me philosophy in my second session in college. There are two things that made me feel more attached to him and made him revere me more.

The first thing that attracted me to him was his teaching style. He taught the same way as the Chinese Proverb says:

"Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand."

I am sure most of you think that Philosophy is a boring subject, but let me tell you, the way our teacher taught us Philosophy, it totally changed the way I thought about life and myself. It made me become a new person altogether.

This class was very interesting as students were divided into two sides, one for and the other against the subject being discussed, with everyone sharing their views about almost every aspect of their life.

After taking that Philosophy class, my whole perspective towards life changed. As a result, I became a much more observant and insightful person. My message to you all is also the same. Whenever you find such a teacher who relates to you and tries to involve you in discussions, don't sit quietly in the corner, participate and see if your perception towards life changes like mine did.

So, my message to you all is to appreciate and respect a teacher that brings insight to your life and makes you a thoughtful person. The better thinker you are, the more you will have insight into life, and you will become a better human being.

To your success,
Nadine Lajoie

http://www.NadineRacing.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Nadine_Lajoie
http://EzineArticles.com/?The-Importance-of-Being-A-Teacher-In-Life&id=6849233
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Teacher are important part of life.They are the builder of nation.
    Online Learning
    Skills Assessment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teachers are often extremely under appreciated. All of their efforts often go unnoticed. If you have a teacher that inspired you, it's important to try and say thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a good teacher or professor these days is tough. Teachers are also a problem in most education system where there is a great need for teachers in the community. The best way to at least solve this problem is the existence of today's online training courses and professional education that is brought online via interactive education slide shows and presentation that is accredited by education authorities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a good teacher or professor these days is tough. Teachers are also a problem in most education system where there is a great need for teachers in the community. The best way to at least solve this problem is the existence of today's online training courses and professional education that is brought online via interactive education slide shows and presentation that is accredited by education authorities.

    ReplyDelete