Thursday, August 2, 2018

Dr Robert’s Review of Podia

Image: Podia

Hi everyone,

If you have clicked through to my products in the top menu, you will have seen the design and layout of some of my products/ offerings. Basically, over the last 12 months, I have been using the Podia platform (https://www.podia.com/) to design and deliver my courses/ programs. Let me give you an overview of what I think are the strengths and weaknesses of the platform. Keep in mind that I am not tech-savvy, so I might not use the correct terminology – nevertheless, each action/ feature will be explained in as much detail as is required.

The Learning Process

Again, not being tech-savvy, I really appreciate the straightforward nature of Podia. It is just so easy to learn what you need to in order to develop and deliver a complete suite of online products in a short space of time. In addition, there is an excellent FAQ section as well as an online support system that allows you to talk directly with one of the platform developers in order to get your problems solved. I have used this on a couple of occasions and had VERY quick and straightforward direction. Admittedly, some of my questions are a little basic, let’s say, but at no stage was there any problem with providing me with the advice I needed in a professional and timely manner.

Integrations

The platform provides an entire suite of integrated services ranging from a space to host your course/ program /digital download through to an automated email trail that you can set up to create your sales funnel. There is also a lead-generator tool that provides you with the code to upload onto your own website/ blog. A recently introduced editing tool has really enhanced the design as you can now make your sales and course pages look very attractive with photos, diagrams, and background colours. Payment systems are also integrated into the platform, so PayPal and credit card payments can be taken seamlessly. The platform has everything I need to do what I want; however, if you need extra functionality, Zapier is available which lets you integrate Podia with thousands of apps. As well, ConvertKit is available which allows you to build a complete delivery system, if you should need it. As I said, everything you need is right here on Podia. There is also dedicated space for testimonials, which adds another sales tool to your arsenal.

Price

I am on the Shaker Plan which is just $79 per month. At $20 a week, this is fantastic value and gives you everything you need. There is also a cheaper option at $39 a month known as the Mover Plan. The particular value (for me) of the Shaker Plan is that it allows me to create not only products but also a membership site for my clients. The ability to create products AND memberships is a huge bonus for the delivery of different types of products.

Weaknesses

My only real complaint is that it is only possible to create one membership site. This is somewhat of a disadvantage if you are in my situation where I have traditional education products as well as community building products. But … and this is a significant but … in the 12 months I have been with Podia, I have seen a steady stream of significant improvements to the platform. It seems that an improvement is made to the platform every couple of months, so no doubt, it is only a matter of time before the extra functionality I need will be built into the platform.

Overall, I would highly recommend for you to use Podia if you are developing and delivering your courses / memberships / digital downloads.

No comments:

Post a Comment